Thursday, December 22, 2011

School's Out

It's that wonderful time of year when school ends, the holidays begin, and those of us who teach on college campuses get 3-4 weeks off. Growing up I always thought my parents had the ideal job - teaching college students, enjoying an academic environment, continuing to learn, and summers and January off. Now that I have the same job my opinion remains the same.

I really love my schedule. This past semester I taught 4 face-to-face classes, one each day, Monday through Thursday. Then I also taught one online class. As I live within walking distance of the school, there is almost no commute, so teaching one class per day is ideal. Over the break I'll be working more on my book and preparing to teach a new course, World Lit II.

I hope you also enjoy whatever time off you have this season, and have a very blessed Christmas and New Year.

Thanks for reading . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment