Friday, September 14, 2012

Double negative = positive

I often have to remind students that two negatives make a positive -- just like in math.  So if a student writes "he don't have no education," I let the student know that the person must actually have an education, because he does not have no education! 
minus × minustwo negatives make a positive:plus

Where am I going with this?  Well, I did not get a negative response from an agent.  That's two negatives -- so it must be positive!  An agent asked to see a full synopsis of my manuscript.  I'm taking that as a very positive sign, and I promptly fixed up my synopsis and sent it off to her.  It's not a request for a partial manuscript, or a full manuscript, or an offer to represent me, but it's a first step . . . and I'm ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment